Saturday, January 23, 2010

Is it safe to wear nail polish if you are pregnant?

I once heard a news report that the chemicals in the nail polish can be harmful to the baby? Has anyone else heard this?Is it safe to wear nail polish if you are pregnant?
No, it is fine to wear nail polish.Is it safe to wear nail polish if you are pregnant?
hun it is safe to use for god sakes they say cell phone give you cancer(LOL) .but nail polish is safe
It is fine to polish your nails while pregnant. It no more of a danger than if you were not pregnant. If you were planning to sniff the fumes then you may have a problem.
That could be true if you inhale the fumes without proper ventilation...
No, I've never heard of that one. I've been pregnant few times and that one I never heard of. But I wouldn't be trying to sniff the bottle neither. Just paint your nails, put up the bottle and the smell usually goes away quickly after drying any how.
Totally not true as long as you're using it for its intended purpose. Meaning, you aren't eating it or something.
Nail polish is safe enough, just don't drink it (lol).
its deff safe. i used nail polish throught out my entire pregnacny but i wouldnt go get my nails done .. (the fake acrylic nails put on) and just becareful if the smells make you sick or dizzy stop. But, just make sure you are in a well ventelated place. no worries. my baby is fine.
I had my nails done up until 2 months before I delivered, my son is fine. :) You just don't want to breathe in the chemicals or nail polish too much.
Yes it is safe and my OB GYN told me that I could even go to the salon and get them done if I chose.
Polish outside, but they do not suggest going to a salon or a nail place to get their nails done, esp. acrylics.
It is safe to wear nail polish, dye your hair , get waxed or do anything you would usually do.
never heard of such a thing. I was always doing my nails when I was preggers. I would avoid the salon but do it yourself at home/ If you are bothered by the smell , open a window and turn on a fan. Happy painting.Have fun
It is fine to use Nail Polish. Just one thing you have to watch out for is the fumes. If they feel to strong to handle, then stop, because your sense of smell is better when you are pregnant. But, most polishes aren't that strong. You might want to avoid a nail salon, because the smell in there might make you sick.
Just dont sit there and huff the fumes. Have a fan going while you are painting them.

No comments:

Post a Comment