Friday, May 14, 2010

I cut my finger through my nail. It's stopped bleeding, but is there anything else i should do?

at this point a good band aid, maybe some extra tape. They can't stitch through a nail. Your most likely going to loose part of that nail but it will grow back. I've nearly hacked off my left pointer finger from the top side (moon side) 3/4 the way down, lost the smaller part of the nail, but it came back.I cut my finger through my nail. It's stopped bleeding, but is there anything else i should do?
wash it with some medical disinfectant like Dettol.I cut my finger through my nail. It's stopped bleeding, but is there anything else i should do?
you might wanna dab with some rubbing alcohol or hydrogen peroxide..be sure to use a q-tip if possible.
just make sure to wash it well with warm water and mild soap.





apply some neosporin to help ward off infection and cover with a bandaid. change it at least twice a day or whenever it comes in contact with germs (food,dirt,etc).





watch it for signs of infection





-increased redness to cut area


-the cut begins to drain liquid (especially if green or yellowish-brown in color)


-the cut becomes more tender,painful,or hot to touch


-you begin to run a fever of 100.5 or higher





if you have any of these symptoms-make an appt to see your dr. you'll need antibiotics to clear it up





good luck
wash your hand with soup and running water..then wipe it with clean dry towel... then put some medicine on it..
just disinfect it if not leave it alone it will sting but it will go away
get a piece of clean cloth, make sure that it is a dry cloth. then tie it on the infected area so that the dleeding should stop. it will minimaze the blood from bleeding.
  • bad makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment