Friday, May 14, 2010

How easy is it to use the acrylic nail kits?

Fancy trying to do my own nails - anyone know how easy it is?How easy is it to use the acrylic nail kits?
really easy, and pretty fun too. as long as you are someone who can paint nails on both hands neatly. if you wobble too much then you will have probs doing it on the other hand and it will look awful.


the kits are really simple to use. you just need a little holder for the liquid (i find a skinny candle holder the best) and a small paintbrush, and off you go. make sure you have plenty of ventilation as the fumes can harm your health. have fun!How easy is it to use the acrylic nail kits?
If you're familiar with the process, why not give it a try? I was in high school when I first began to do acrylic nails. Of course, I made several mistakes at first, but I learned what not to do from each of them. It's not extremely difficult but it does take time to get the technique down to a science. I suggest paying a lot of attention the next time you get your nails done and ask any questions you may have about the procedures, products, techniques, etc. That's how I learned. You will find that there are reasons for using specific types of products. For example, although there are many kinds of nail glue, you should choose a glue depending on how long you intend to wear the nails. If you plan to wear them for a long period and get refills, you will need a glue with an anti-fungal ingredient. Water can find tiny cracks between your nail and the acrylic nail while bathing, or washing your hands and begin to grow a fungus. There are also separate anti-fungal liquids that should be used for the area that the glue does not come in contact with. The area under the acrylic is equally as susceptible to fungus growth. There are a lot of health and safety issues that must be learned in order to not only have your nails look nice, but also to maintain a healthy nail bed. I hope this helps.
I used them once and they looked great. The problem is getting them off! You have to use non acetone polish remover and I was still picking glue off for days after. Good luck
Trust me it is not easy to do it yourself! You will end up with big blobs of acrylic on the nail and not easy to file it down. Then try doing the other hand. Nope, not easy at all!
it is not easy, because u probably don't have all the tools to shape your nails and buff them down. it's much easier to pay the money and go to a salon. I tried the kit thing and it was terrible.
Not easy at all. It's messy trying to glue the damn plastic nails on, cut them to length and then paint on the acrylic crap. I got a kit from walmart one time made by Broadway, and well, they turned out like crap. It was a waste of the $11 I spent. Much easier to go to the salon and get them done by the little phillipino woman behind the desk. More expensive, yes but they look much better and tend not to come off as easily.


Otherwise you can try the cheaper, plastic glue on nails, they will last about a week, but they're still a pain in the *** to put on yourself.
I use them all the time and yes they are easy to put on but don't get the cheep crap they fall off within days.
I have done it.....and if you are not going to buy a drill too don't bother.....it is hard to get them even and smooth with a file...and makes a mess....it also stinks really bad.....and the are a lot more likely to peel or chip off than when they are professionally done
It's not easy. It's super hard and your nails never look as nice as the shop. There's a reason why manicurists have degrees/certificates.
It's quite easy once you get the hang of it! I also do my own nails and they always turn out right. I don't use full-on acrylic sets, the ones I use are fortified with it, giving them durability. This set is found at Walgreens for about 7 dollars. It gives you nail tips, activator, gel and brush cleaner, instrustions and buffer and a cuticle stick.
It really isn't easy if you are doing your own nails. Have a friend or family member who is interested do them for you, and then you can do hers in return. You are probably better off getting your nails done from a professional. Usually it ranges anywhere between $30 and $50 (depending on where you go) and then fills are about $20.





Good luck!
Well, if you are used to have long nails is not a big deal, but if you have always had short nails, then you're gonna have little problems. But is not really a big problem after the 1st week. Good luck!
I would not waste the money - go to a professional.
me personally didn't have much luck doing both hands my self, its OK doing one but much harder to do the other hand, so my advice would be have a friend there to help you, why don't you both have a pampering night best of luck xx
I've tried it before. I'm right handed, so when I did my left hand, it was very easy. However, when I did my right hand, it was VERY hard. But, any mistakes can be easily corrected with a good buffer. Just take your time with it.
My wife bought a french manicure kit, it looks like white-out strips on her fingernails though... she soon quit using it and just went back to the local nail salon. (Here in the US they all seem to be owned and operated by people of asian decent, so not to stereotype but it looks like they're brilliant at electronics... cheap transportation... AND nails.)
gels are better and easier if you have decent nails.


its hard and often inferior products.


get the better products and practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment